With a new year rolling out, what better time is there to give your blog a bit of a once over. Like anything, your blog will need a bit of modernisation every now and again to keep it looking up to date. I’d recommend looking over this checklist as often as once every 3 months to check everything is working and looking its best!
- Take a look at your navigation. Is it as relevant as it was when you first put it together; do any sections need to be merged, added or taken away?
- Are your social media links working?
- Are your social media buttons the best they could be? There are lots of great free buttons our there so take a look around!
- Look at each item in your sidebar; is everything there relevant and up to date? Update anything that needs updating, and if something is no longer relevant then be ruthless and get rid of it!
- Go through all the widgets on your blog and check if any require updating or deleting.
- Contact details might seem like an obvious one, but make sure you check them! The slightest typo in your email could mean you miss out on some great opportunities.
- Check if there are any pending updates which your blogging platform needs to make (e.g. WordPress updating to 4.0)
- If you have a media kit, look over it and update any out of date information and sats that you have in there.
- Take a look over all your social media bios, and if you have any information which is now out of date then get rid of it straight away.
This is just a brief list- I’d suggest picking out the relevant points and then adding a few of your own! Let us know what you’ll be adding to your blog checklist in the comments below!