I often find the tips that are the most useful are not the in-depth essay type ones, but the quick-fire speedy tips! So here we go: 20 tips to turn your blog into a brand!
1. Make sure all your usernames are the same as your blog name
2. Create a logo for your blog; keep it simple, recognisable and clean.
3. If your blog is a personal one, get a really nice headshot taken to go on your social profiles. This doesn’t need to be paid for, all you need is a great camera (borrowed if you haven’t got one) and a willing photographer- mums or boyfriends usually do a great job!
4. As well as the same username, use the same image for all social accounts so people can easily recognise you.
5. Make sure you’re constantly learning from your stats- if you haven’t already then be sure to get Google Analytics and social bro!
6. If you can’t design your blog to a standard you’re happy with yourself, then invest in a great blog design!
7. Create a blog specific email address; don’t just put your hotmail as a contact email on your blog.
8. Make sure your images are the best quality they can be; posting bad quality images is one of the most off putting things a blogger can do. If you can’t afford Photoshop, here are some free photo editing tools you’ll love!
9. Get really, really, really good at emailing people! Get back to people promptly and make sure your tone is always friendly and professional.
10. Create an email signature with links to your blog and all your social media profiles.
11. Get business cards- they come in so handy at blogger events!
12. Start strategising. It can be really easy to just go with the flow with when blogging, but if you’re serious then get your strategy down! Here are a couple of posts to help:
13. Understand who your target audience is, and make sure your content is relevant to them. Again you’ll need Google Analytics and Social Bro for this!
14. Work out what kind of brands you want to work with, and make sure your tone and style is relevant to them.
15. Think about the small details of your blog design, especially your font. Remember the font you use is going to cover the entirety of your blog so you need to LOVE it!
16. Continuity is key- this goes across everything; posting times, tone, social media presence…..the lot!
17. Colour Theme: Think about a colour theme for your blog, around 3 colours max- ours is pastel purple!
18. You need to have goals. Even if they’re sky-high, stuff-of-dreams goals you need them. Goals are what keep us focused on moving forward.
19. Create a media pack; I’ve had people tell me they’ve got along fine without one, but I feel that putting together a media pack is a great thing to do even if it’s just for your own benefit. It makes you sit down, and really work out the hours you put in to everything and how much you think that’s worth in cold hard cash!
20. Make your brand relationships last; don’t focus on one off’s here and there. If a brand you love gets in touch then always suggest ways to build on the relationship.
Have any tips of your own to add? Do so in the comments below!