Having a professional looking blog is essential if you plan to work with brands. Although your site should still have a personal touch and reflect your blogging style, it is important to show prospective collaborators that you are serious about blogging and would make a reliable partner. Here are three things you can do to add a touch of professionalism to your site:
Create a Section for PR’s and Brand Representatives
Having a section on your site which includes information for brands on how they can work with you is a great way to show people you are ready to work with PR’s. However- don’t just add this in for the sake of it. Take the time to sit down and really think about what you want to say. You don’t have to go into too much detail; you can save that for when a discussion with a brand actually starts. Perhaps include a little about your blogging style, and the types of collaboration you prefer.
Think Carefully about Your Header and Social Media Images: Create a Visual Brand
Blogging is really visual, and although it’s brilliant to focus on your content you must also spend time thinking about the look and feel of your blog itself. Your header in particular is one of the first things that new readers and brands will be drawn to; so make sure it represents you as a blogger. We have a whole article here on how to turn your blog into a brand but for now focus on these takeaway points:
- Make sure your social media images align with your blog, so people don’t mistake your social profiles for personal ones rather than professional
- Take a look at your header. Does it reflect your blogging style and compliment the rest of your blog?
Rework your ‘About Me’ Section
When looking for bloggers to work with, the first thing that many PR’s will do is head to the ‘About Me’ section of a blog. This is your opportunity to tell readers and brand representatives what your blog is all about; it’s a great opportunity to stand out!
Here are a few things that should be at the forefront of your mind when reworking your about me section:
- Are the visuals up to date, and good quality?
- Any dates/stats should be up to date
- Try to think about unique points you can add
- Try to tell a story- people will want to know a bit about you and why you blog
- Think about including an FAQ section
- Include any awards or significant blog milestones
We have a whole post ideas for a unique about me section if you need inspiration!
What do you think makes a blog look professional? Have you got any tips of your own? Let us know in the comments below!